Spring is finally here — is your porch ready for outdoor living?
One of the best things about spring and summer is the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the weather. Here are five ways to make your outdoor living space a more inviting place to do just that.
1. Furniture. If you don’t already have outdoor furniture now is the time to buy so you can be sure you will have your pieces by the time the weather warms up. We work with excellent companies that only focus on outdoor living which means their products are the best-of-the-best. Click here to learn about Lloyd Flanders woven furniture and here to learn about Seaside Casual
2. Lighting. Though it often can be overlooked, lighting is a key element of a porch, particularly if you like to sit and read in the evening. Lighting helps create a warm ambiance in any space and there are several ways to add light to your outdoor space.
Get creative with your lighting, if you already have a chandelier or sconces add some candles (we even have flame-less candles) or lanterns to give your outdoor space a room-like feel.
3. An Outdoor Rug. Make your porch feel like a room with an outdoor rug. A patterned rug layered on the floor helps unify the furnishings and color scheme, while adding a layer of texture and warmth to the space.
We have a great selection of outdoor rugs that will hold up to the outdoor elements without a problem – fade resistant, easy to clean, and great styles and colors. A rug is something nice to purchase new, since dirt and wear can show up on these pieces over the years.
4. Incorporate Color and Texture with container plants. Adding plants and greenery is one of the simplest ways to refresh your outdoor room to bring in life and texture.
5. Add decor that you would use indoors. Make your outdoor living space feel like it’s part of the whole house with adding decor you would typically use inside like pillows and accessories. We have a wonderful selection of melamine dinner- and drink-ware.
We hope we have inspired you to live outdoors this season and we encourage to walk around our store to see even more!