12 Things To Know About Juliska Tableware.
Life’s best memories are made when family and friends gather around a table. It’s a tradition that dates back thousands of years, one that helps us remember to appreciate some of the little things that make life beautiful: family, friends, & food (and wine)! Below are 12 things we think you should know about Juliska tableware.
- Juliska was founded in 2001 by an (English) husband & (French) wife team: Capucine and David Gooding.
- While in visiting Paris, the Goodings stumbled upon 40 Bohemian glasses from 17th century Europe which inspired them to start their business.
- The company started with a line of blown glass drinking vessels from the Czech Republic.
- Over 85% of Juliska’s designs are produced in Northern Portugal, or around the city of Prague in the Czech Republic.
- With over 150 new product launches a year, Juliska is a “design-led” company.
- Juliska’s stoneware is guaranteed to withstand the thermal shock of being transferred from a freezer to a 500 degree oven – it’s tough!
- They have a full time ceramic technology & modelling team in Portugal making their original designs.
- The name “Juliska” is of Hungarian origin. Juliska is an actual person the Gooding’s met during their travels throughout Europe, she is a woman of great style, taste and warmth; she is their muse.
- Their quality control personnel discards 15% – 20% of the production to maintain their high standards.
- All of Juliska’s glass drinkware is dishwasher safe, even the Czech Bohemian glass!
- Juliska normally has 95% of their products in stock in their Connecticut warehouse, which means orders usually ship out immediately.
- Every piece is designed by scratch and hand-made.
Watch this fun video on all the ways to mix and match your Juliska!
Find The Right Collection For You
Start your collection today!