12 Things To Know About Juliska Tableware.
Life’s best memories are made when family and friends gather around a table. It’s a tradition that dates back thousands of years, one that helps us remember to appreciate some of the little things that make life beautiful: family, friends, & food (and wine)! Below are 12 things we think you should know about Juliska tableware.
- Juliska was founded in 2001 by an (English) husband & (French) wife team: Capucine and David Gooding.
- While visiting Paris, the Goodings stumbled upon 40 Bohemian glasses from 17th century Europe which inspired them to start their business.
- The company started with a line of blown glass drinking vessels from the Czech Republic.
- Over 85% of Juliska’s designs are produced in Northern Portugal, or around the city of Prague in the Czech Republic.
- With over 150 new product launches a year, Juliska is a design-led company.
- Juliska’s stoneware is guaranteed to withstand the thermal shock of being transferred from a freezer to a 500 degree oven – it’s tough!
- They have a full time ceramic technology & modeling team in Portugal making their original designs.
- The name “Juliska” is of Hungarian origin. Juliska is an actual person the Gooding’s met during their travels throughout Europe. She is a woman of great style, taste, and warmth; she is their muse.
- Their quality control personnel discards 15% – 20% of the production to maintain their high standards.
- All of Juliska’s glass drinkware is dishwasher safe, even the Czech Bohemian glass!
- Juliska normally has 95% of their products in stock in their Connecticut warehouse, which means orders usually ship out immediately.
- Every piece is designed by scratch and hand-made.
Watch this fun video on all the ways to mix and match your Juliska!
Find The Right Collection For You
Berry & Thread
Rimmed with a simple thread and adorned with a sprinkling of berries, this iconic collection embraces the historic motifs of Juliska’s Bohemian glassware. Made in Portugal. Dishwasher, freezer, microwave and oven safe. The Berry & Thread collection offers three colors: Delft Blue, Whitewash, and Ice Blue.
Inspired by the Portuguese regard for objects found in their most natural state, Juliska created this simultaneously modern and timeless collection. Simply beautiful by design, rich textures, and the perfect neutral canvas to serve up your culinary adventure. Available in four unique colors: Coastal Grey, Vanilla Crackle, Whitewash, and Cobalt.
This pattern is an ode to the earth’s natural beauty and Mother Nature’s abundant gifts. Whether it’s a sculpture of sticks or windswept feathers scattered about just so, nature provides endless variations of finely detailed textures and vibrant colors, all seemingly like little works of art. Made in Portugal. Dishwasher, freezer, microwave and oven safe.
This rich French basket weave motif is both chic and classic. Often found in equestrian and nautical traditions, these intricate hand-knotted braids weave themselves around harmonious shapes- resembling a basket weave that has weathered to perfect imperfection. Made in Portugal. Dishwasher, Freezer, Microwave and Oven Safe. Available in two colors: Delft Blue and Whitewash
With an old world charm that conjures up visions of grand European estates, this collection’s hammered finish and lustrous pewter colored glaze gives each piece an original, authentic look. Despite its uncanny resemblance to metal, this collection is actually dishwasher, freezer, microwave and oven safe! Made in Portugal.
Originating in nature, the elegantly detailed Acanthus leaf has been reinterpreted endless times in architecture and chiseled onto some of the world’s most beautiful buildings. Juliska transposed the essence of hand-carved stone onto each piece of this collection. This elegant motif moves easily from formal to casual.
Start your collection today!